We all have our own favorite brownie recipe..this one’s mine. I love it because it is simple to make, you don’t need any mixer-handheld or stand- to make these.. Just a wooden spoon, a bowl and good strong arms:) I will keep this post brief because I have another thing I want to share to you. But first here’s the recipe:
ULTIMATE BROWNIES RECIPE -My Favorite 🙂
I got this recipe from BHG Magazine, see the original recipe here
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour ( I sometimes replace half of this with wholewheat pastry flour)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate pieces
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) ( I usually add cashew or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coarsely chop unsweetened chocolate. In saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture until sugar is dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
3. In bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add stir-ins. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in dark chocolate pieces and nuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
4. Bake 35 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk
Now, for the award..
As I’ve mentioned in my earlier post today, I was given an award by Joy Zhang of Joylicious.net for which I’m truly thankful and happy; please take time to visit her, she’s a great cook and has many great tips to share like how to roast a chicken, I never thought of brining it first before roasting..it’s such a great tip..she has more on her site so please visit her on your free time!
In return, I have to pass this award to seven food bloggers and I have to write 7 random facts about myself…easy enough or so I thought..we’ll after hours of soul searching.. (joke) here goes:
My Seven Random Facts:
1.I just turned 35 last month…
2. I am prone to addiction, anything that catches my interest almost always turns into an obsession..
3. I love to dance! I always have a dance music playing in my head.. like Ally MCBeal.
4. When I’m feeling a little sad or down, I watch funny movies or I go to Youtube and watch videos of funny babies and animals
5. I have actually eaten a farm frog! I was tricked, they told me it was chicken adobo…It’s true what they say though, frog tastes like chicken
6. When I was little I dreamt of becoming an astronaut…now I have this impossible dream of playing in the LPGA or having my own cooking/baking show hahaha 🙂
7. I barely sleep..I only get to sleep for 3-4 hours each day which is bad (I know)..my favorite time of day is from late afternoon to late at night; I don’t know why but I feel more alive and productive at night, that’s when I usually do my baking.
Now I’m passing this award to these wonderful bloggers:
1. To Fanny of LululuatHome : She’s from Canada..she cooks, she bakes, and she’s super mom to a super cute toddler, Ethan. I love reading her letters to Ethan 🙂
2. To Kim of The Ungourmet – also a wonderful mom from the States, she bakes fantastic cupcakes and delicious simple meals for her family and friends as well. Like Kim, I like simple meals too and I’m definitely ungourmet 🙂
3. Divine of Sense and Serendipity – She’s also from the Philippines. She is a professional cook and a great photographer and blogger, her posts are well written and very informative.
4. Nat of Girls Are Madeof Sugar and Spice – A devoted wife and mom to her husband and two pretty girls, she is from New York. She makes simple, delicious meals for her family and she loves baking, too 🙂
5. Sophie of Sophie’s Foodie Files – She’s a loving wife from Belgium.She has lots of delicious and healthy homecooked meals .She seems really nice and sweet 😉
6. Jeannie of BakingDairy – A foodie mom from Malaysia, I “met” her on FoodBuzz and I instantly like her, she sounds very nice and friendly; and she loves to bake too 🙂
7. Trissa of Trissalicious – A Filipina based in Australia, I saw her beautiful macarons from the Daring Kitchen and I was awed, since then I’ve been coming back to her blog and drool over her delicious desserts 🙂
So that’s it..I hope you do visit all of them if you’re not that busy…Many thanks again, JoY!
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!!