Sauteed Grilled Pork with Green Chillies and Tomatoes

If I have one dish that I can really call my own, it’s this one.   I did not pick it up from any cookbook (I didn’t have before) or from any cooking shows..I just made it up back when it was just still me and my husband.   We used to do a lot of grilling ( mostly pork chops and pork belly) then because it’s so easy and simply delicious; we usually make a lot so we’ll have leftovers for the next meal.

One day, instead of just simply reheating the leftovers, my husband suggested to add something to it like chillies..why not, it sounded good and since we did have some onions and tomatoes too, why not make a guinisa (saute).. and it turned out delicious. Oh, how I cried tears of joy for coming up with an original dish … hahaha JK :D

Sauteed Grilled Pork with Green CHillies and Tomatoes

Ingredients

grilled pork, cut into cubes
1 large onion, sliced
tomatoes, chopped into chunks
green chillies, sliced diagonally
salt and pepper
soy sauce
cooking oil

In a pan, heat some oil over high heat; once it gets really hot, add onion, add pork pieces then the tomatoes and chillies, season with ground black pepper; stir-fry until the tomatoes and onions are tender. Add about a tablespoon soy sauce, and a little water ( about 2-3 tablespoons).  Let it boil and cook for about two minutes; adjust seasoning if necessary. That’s it,  plate and serve. Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Olive

grilled_pork_with_tomato_and_green-_chillies
Please do try this especially if you like chillies like we do :)

Sauteed Grilled Pork With Chillies and Tomatoes on Foodista

11 Responses to "Sauteed Grilled Pork with Green Chillies and Tomatoes"

1. whatsfordinneracrossstatelines   October 2, 2010 at 4:47 pm

What a great looking dish. I love pork, tomatoes and chlilies, so I know I’d love this. Hope you have a great weekend.
    -Gina-

2. Matt Kay   October 1, 2010 at 9:05 am

Hooray for green chiles! The pork looks deliciously moist. Great recipe and thanks for sharing!

Matt Kay

3. sheryl   September 30, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I love the look of the juicy pork you have in this recipe. This one makes a lovely dinner for two. My husband is so into pork and I’m sure he’s gonna like this :)

4. James   September 30, 2010 at 12:51 am

This dish looks great. The pork doesn’t seem too dry at all and you have a perfect complement of colors.

5. Joy   September 29, 2010 at 10:44 am

that looks great.

6. Roxan   September 29, 2010 at 8:03 am

What a wonderful dish to be able to call your own! I need some of those… As of now, I need to always at least refer to a recipe for ideas before making something. Hopefully someday I’ll be able to create a dish of my own.

7. Jeannie   September 29, 2010 at 7:21 am

Great cooking pork dish! I must say you are very creative in this recipe, looks deliciious!

8. Belinda @zomppa   September 29, 2010 at 6:27 am

Great. I bet the leftovers are perfect – let the flavors marinate!

9. chef_d   September 29, 2010 at 3:39 am

Yummy looking dish! Will have to try this soon, thanks for sharing your recipe :)

10. MaryMoh   September 29, 2010 at 3:21 am

Love this…simple and looks very delicious. Would be very good with rice…yum.

11. kristy   September 29, 2010 at 1:01 am

Hi Olive, wow… there are so many things going on here. Must check around after this. Your pork dish looks really mouthwatering even I’m not a big fan of pork. But I’m sure my in-laws will love it. Thank you and enjoy your day.
    Kristy