This recipe is one of my favorites to use when I have over-ripe bananas for a quick, easy and delicious snack for my family. It has yogurt to make it healthier, has less butter and has only 1 egg. The addition of streusel which has desiccated coconut in it, btw give the muffins extra yummyness!
My husband prefers the streusel inside the muffins like in coffeecakes but I like it on top; so I make them with half a dozen with the streusel in the center and the other half with topping, and everybody’s happy! 🙂
This is an easy-peasy recipe, anyone can do it!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 medium over-ripe bananas)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Line muffin tray with paper cups. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Make the streusel by combining sugar, flour, coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture is well blended. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
♥ Have a nice day! 🙂 GOD Bless!! ♥