This delicious banana cake is rich, moist and velvety. If you’re looking for another banana cake recipe you should try this one. It is not very sweet which suits me- the cocoa flavor of this cake is very strong, which makes the cake a bit bitter, so if you wish you could lessen the cocoa by about 2 tablespoons and replace it with flour ( it won’t be flourless anymore, but unless you or anyone in your family is allergic to gluten, no one will mind). If you don’t have agave or honey or don’t want to use either, you may replace it by 2/3 cup sugar.
This cake is so already sooo good by itself but a chocolate glaze/sauce will make it extra yummy :)
mix egg yolks, honey (or agave), salt in a bowl ( you can do it by hand or using your mixer)
combine banana, grapeseed oil in a separate bowl
add the banana mixture to the egg yolk mixture..
add the cocoa powder
beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold it in the batter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup
- agave nectar
- I used honey*
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- * replace with ⅔ cup sugar, if you don't have agave syrup or honey
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Using your mixer, whip egg yolks, honey and salt on medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Add grapeseed oil and mashed banana and blend for another minute or two. Add cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold banana mixture into bowl with egg whites. Pour batter into pan into greased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
♥ Have a nice day!! :) GOD Bless!! ♥