I found this recipe from a cookbook titled “The No Time To Cook “. The recipe will stick to your head, that’s how simple it is. The cake is delicious though I find it a bit dry, but the texture gets better the next day and so does the flavor. It can be eaten plain or serve with mocha sauce which is.. you guessed it, super-duper easy to make.
So, what are you waiting for? Read the recipe already and make it today.
pour batter in the prepared pan after mixing
Bake for 40 minutes. Invert on a wire rack immediately
Serve with mocha sauce. Enjoy! :)
- 1 cup self-raising flour*
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup hot coffee
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, grated or chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon brandy or rum (optional)
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch square pan with baking spray or melted/softened butter, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add sugar, mix well. Break the eggs in a measuring cup, then add enough heavy cream to make a cup; add vanilla, stir well then gradually pour into flour mixture. Stir just until blended, pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and invert in a wire rack immediately.
- Serve with warm mocha sauce (see recipe below) if you want to.
- Put ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed for half a minute. Serve over cakes or ice cream.
♥ Smile…have a nice day! :) GOD Bless! ♥