This wonderful cookie dough recipe is a joy to make; it’s easy, versatile and can make delicious cookies…4 different cookies! You can make Pinwheel cookies, thumbprint cookies, sugar cookie cut-outs and pecan bars using this dough. I tried only two of the recipes using this dough: thumbprint and pinwheel cookies but I’m posting all four in 2 separate posts. (Excuse me for posting this recipe late but I just couldn’t find the time to post this earlier this month).
Use your favorite preserves for the filling…I use blackberry jam; Nutella, peanut butter, coconut jam and chocolate works too!
For a better-looking thumbprint cookies, chill the dough first for 30 minutes..I obviously did not do that ( missed it; got bad eyes).
- 2 teaspoon vanila extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 quantity 4-in-1 cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- fruit preserves of your choice
- BEAT cream cheese, butter granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover.
- Proceed to the variation of your choice.
- ADD about 1 cup finely chopped pecans to the dough. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; indent centers using your thumb or back of measuring teaspoon.
- Bake 10 minutes, take it out of oven and fill each cookie center with about 1 teaspoon f your favorite preserves.
- Continue baking for 8-10 minutes more or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Makes about 3½ dozen cookies
- PReHEAT oven to 350F degrees. Roll dough into ⅛-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into assorted shapes using 3-inch cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheets
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack; immediately press about1/2 teaspoon crushed candies into each hot cookies.
- Cool completely on rack.
Happy Holidays!! :D GOD Bless!