I just made this dish for last night’s dinner-it was so good that I couldn’t wait to share it here. This simple Italian dish is absolutely delicious..you must try it, too! You must. It’s easy and quick, with just a few ingredients that are probably in your pantry, you have to buy the pork chops or pork steak though, whichever you prefer. This is keeper, it’s one of my favorites already. :) The sweet and tangy honey-balsamic glaze is just.. wow!
this photo doesn’t really do justice to the recipe but it’s the best I could come up with..
Like I said, this is very easy and quick!
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on pork chops/steak then season with salt and pepper generously, the recipe says to let it sit for half an hour but I did not wait that long..
Meanwhile , make the glaze by boiling honey, rosemary and balsamic until reduced to 1/4 cup then add butter
Grill the pork chops in the pre-heated grill.
Occasionally baste with the honey-balsamic glaze
That’s it! Serve with rice and veggies on the side. Enjoy! :)
- 4 10-oz. bone-in pork chops, frenched ( I used pork steak)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, torn into 1″ pieces ( I used dried rosemary)
- Put pork chops on a plate; drizzle with oil; season generously with salt and pepper; let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high heat. Combine vinegar and honey in a 1-qt. saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced to 1⁄4 cup. Stir in butter and rosemary and set aside.
- Put pork chops on grill and cook, occasionally turning and basting with balsamic mixture, until browned and cooked through, 12–14 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.