These are perfect with breaded fish or fried chicken!
steam the potatoes, cool and cut into thin discs
dip each potato into milk-egg mixture
then dredge it in seasoned flour
and fry until golden brown
- potatoes, preferably large ones
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- cooking oil for frying
- Prepare the steamer. Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Lightly prick with fork and put in the steamer. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Take potatoes out from the steamer and let cool to the touch, then cut each potato into 1/4″ rounds.
- Heat oil to 375°F
- Stir together the flour, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate. Beat egg in another bowl, add milk, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Dip each potato disc into the milk and egg mixture, then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Deep-fry potatoes without overcrowding, until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and serve with fried fish or chicken. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments