My kids didn’t really like it, and I expected that but at least they ate it just the same..they’ll learn to appreciate it eventually (hopefully) just like me before whenever my mother prepared something new for us to try. I like this salad though I’ll hold back some of the lemon juice next time..
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 tomatoes, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 scallions (both white and green parts), trimmed and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 to 3 cups chopped fresh curly parsley, stems removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
- Rinse the bulgur wheat in cold running water and soak in a bowl of hot
- water for an hour. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, parsley, cucumber, and mint. Toss together.
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and salt. Stir the dressing into the salad to fully combine.
Powered by Facebook Comments