The recipe is adapted from Divas Can Cook; but I used chicken quarters instead of a whole chicken since everyone in the family likes thigh and leg parts. I also used dried rosemary because I don’t have fresh herbs and I made some adjustments and used less of some of the ingredients; it depends on how much chicken I use. The recipe is just a guide , the most important thing to remember is season the chicken pretty generously; season it underneath the skin because I noticed that as the chicken cooks in the oven, the fat and the butter that you slather on the chicken drips and with it go some of the salt and pepper. And that is why you should not throw the drippings away, just spoon out excess fat and use it to make a delicious gravy.
Happy Cooking!! :)
|Lemon Garlic and Rosemary Chicken|
- 4 pcs chicken quarters , washed & dried
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large springs fresh rosemary, diced finely ( I used 1 Tbsp dried rosemary)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- zest of 2 lemons
- salt & pepper
- Fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in olive oil, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper, including inside of the cavity.
- Brush the butter mixture onto the chicken generously covering up all of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon all over the chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Cook for 45 minutes and then baste.
- Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden. Lightly tent with foil if chicken is browning too quickly.
- Let chicken cool for 15 minute before serving.
Powered by Facebook Comments