This is one of our favorite side dishes, one that I like to make more often than the others because the kids love it. You know, if you’re a parent, how hard it is at times to make kids especially the younger ones eat their veggies. So whenever I find a way to get them to eat veggies, I feel happy and proud of myself ( yay, I’m a good momma! lol). This is super-duper easy. I call it green fries to humor my son who likes french fries so much. I told him that this is the green version. Glad he liked it and so does my daughter and hubby (triple yay!) It’s crunchy and has a nutty taste. I like to add sesame seeds, white or black, whatever I have on hand, you may skip it if you don’t like it.
Give it a try, hope your kiddos will like it too!
Happy Cooking! :)
note: Make sure that you trim the ends of the green bean, it has a thread-like fiber at the sides that can sometimes get stuck in your throat ( it happened to me). To trim the green beans, just snap the tip and pull down, do the other end and pull down to get the “thread ” on the other side. that’s it.
- Green beans, washed and trimmed
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- sesame seeds, black or white
- sesame oil for finishing (optional)
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan.
- Add green beans and saute for about a minute or two, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle sesame seeds and turn off heat. Toss with a little sesame oil (optional).
- Transfer to a platter and serve.