I love anything chocolate, and chocolate chip chunk cookies…I absolutely love ’em. I just hate that I can’t stop eating once I start-they are so addictive!!
The trick I learned is to bake a small batch- for us, that’s about a dozen, three cookies for each of us; so when it’s gone..it’s gone!!
Ha! If only I keep that in mind everytime..but heck, no. I bake the whole batch more often than not and just worry about my self-control later. It’s a tough battle. *sigh* 😉
This recipe is from here. It has become my go to recipe whenever the cookie monster in me needs feeding. I sometimes replace the flour with wholewheat flour without any problem, it still taste great. I like to put some chocolate chunks on top of each cookie right after I take them out of the oven. The heat from the cookies will slowly melt the chocolate…and it IS SOOO GOOOD!! YOOOOM!
- 250 g. (9 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 350g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 310g (2½) cups plain flour
- 60g (½) cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 350g dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C .
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl, and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and stir together well.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Place large spoonfuls of cookie mixture on a greased and lined baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook in batches for 15-20 minutes, until the bases are cooked.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- Makes about 30.