This is my daughter’s favorite cookies; she likes it because it doesn’t have any flour in it, she’s not allergic to gluten or anything, she is just on that phase of her life where she thinks that carbs is not good for her and tries to avoid or eat very little of it as possible. I wouldn’t let her not eat rice, though.
As for the rest of the family, we are just happy with these cookies, flour or no flour as long as there are chocolate chips in there. Yum. Did I also mention that it is very easy and really quick to make?? You don’t need any mixer, just bowl and something to stir the ingredients together–a spoon or serving for will do the job. You will need your blender or grinder for the almonds, though.
The recipe is very basic, adapted from similar ones all over the worldwideweb :)
Happy Baking! :) God Bless
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for the chocolate chips; Mix until well combined; gently fold chocolate chips
- Scoop or drop by spoonfuls onto a non-stick or lightly greased baking pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes