Hello:) I’ve been gone from this blog for about a year and a half now and I feel so guilty for neglecting it (sorry, baby). We had a house renovation which took longer than planned (construction woes which gave me so much STRESS and I’m only beginning to recover from it. I won’t talk about the details here because I do believe in karma).
So, anyways my kitchen was done some months back but still couldn’t enjoy it fully because there were still workers in our house…even on weekends up until Christmas time. *sigh*
But there were more reasons why I wasn’t able to go back to blogging. There’s this technical problem. First, I am still trying to get used to a different photo editor, I switched to Macbook Air and boy, I have no idea that it’ll be too complicated for me especially when my mind was into our house renovation – I was the one who designed and chose materials for our house, looked for suppliers, etc.. – plus both my kids were about to take their entrance exams, then- for JrHS and college. So there, so many things to think about that I do not have the patience to try to learn to use a new software.
When we moved back to our house four months back, I want to start blogging already so I decided I’ll just use PICollage from my iPhone for now, it should be easy…oh but it wasn’t!! I still have to edit it and it means no escaping the new photo editor *double sigh* and to make it worst my d*mn magic mouse stopped scrolling!! I Googled how to make it work again but it seems it’s a common problem and the only solution (out of my frustration and expired warranty) is to throw it away. So I had to edit the photo collage using the track pad and it took a lot of work! I have yet to buy a regular wired mouse (note to self)
So I did it and I was ready to publish my post, I was so excited (this was October 2016) I only need to add this one photo, but then it won’t upload!! WtH!!! I kept on trying…maybe the file was too large, so made it smaller..or maybe it should be in jpeg. Still won’t work. I tried renaming the file and some other tweaks until finally, I gave up. I still have other problems I need to sort. So, I abandoned it. And it was only last week that I asked my husband if he could fix it for me, he wasn’t busy then, I just got out of the hospital and he is keeping me company the whole week.
And so here it is my first post after a long while ( This is the original one I made months ago, the above was just added now 🙂 —
This recipe just came to mind when I had nothing to eat and pantry and refrigerator were devoid of any supplies save for gouda slices, some tortilla and onions. No meat not even canned goods in sight. We were living on fast food and eating out a lot while our house was being renovated. I’m getting tired of it.
I missed cooking and I wanted something from this new kitchen of mine (so gorgeous, btw! I’m so in love with it! ) even it if it was just quesadilla…well, it was just me for lunch, anyway.
To continue..I made the enchiladas again, turned it into something better..with marinara sauce and lots of cheese and baked it! It’s now a casserole. The kids thought it was lasagna because of the gooey melted cheese on top. 🙂
Note: Step 3 & 4 in the photo collage are switched. I thought I have edited it. Shiish!
- 1 pack spinach tortilla (5-6 pcs)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cut into thin slices
- 1.5 cups Shredded mozzarella
- Fresh cheese or cream cheese
- 1.5 cups Marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over high heat. Put the tortilla one at a time to reheat. About 20 secs on each side. ( it will bubble up)
- On a square baking dish, spread a thin coat of marinara sauce at the bottom.
- Lay a tortilla on a plate, spread about a tablespoon of fresh cheese/cream cheese.
- Add onion and apple slices then add the mozzarella cheese on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold tortilla on opposite ends then roll starting from one unfolded side ( like an egg roll/ lumpia) then lay it on the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour marinara sauce on top then sprinkle generously with grated mozzarella. You may season with salt and pepper if you like. Add some dots of butter on top. Cover with foil and put in the preheated oven for about 15-20 mins. Or until cheese becomes bubbly.
- Serve while the cheese is still warm and gooey
- If making it in advance like I usually do, turn off the oven 5 minutes before it's done and leave it there until meal time 🙂