One of my favorite pasta dishes to make. Easy, delicious. Rich in calcium and protein and some fats perfect for growing kids and cheese-loving adults. My family loves it. I sometimes substitute yogurt in place of cream if I’m feeling extra health-conscious :)
This is with bacon, folks..bacon! And lots of cheese..hmmm
Why are you still here? :D
- 250 grams bacon, cooked crisp and crunchy or the way you like
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- chili flakes
- parsley, dried or fresh
- 1 cup cooking cream or yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 150 grams grated cheeses ( I often use combination of cheddar, pecorino, mozarella and/or gouda)
- 10-12 ounces fettuccine (or spaghetti or your favorite pasta)
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Set aside some pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, place a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, when it's hot enough, add minced garlic, saute until lightly browned. Add chili flakes
- Pour cream oor yogurt, add parsley and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add your grated cheeses, stir until it melts. Add some water if it's too thick.
- Put the cooked fettuccine, mix well, add more water if needed.
- I want my sauce like this, thick and clinging well to the pasta. But to each his own. Just add a little water at a time..you are not making a soup here :D
- Lastly, add the bacon and mix well.
- That's it. Very simple. Pair with garlic bread. Enjoy :)