This wonderful cookie dough recipe is a joy to make; it’s easy, versatile and can make delicious cookies…4 different cookies! You can make Pinwheel cookies, thumbprint cookies, sugar cookie cut-outs and pecan bars using this dough. I tried only two of the recipes using this dough: thumbprint and pinwheel cookies but I’m posting all four in 2 separate posts. (Excuse me for posting this recipe late but I just couldn’t find the time to post this earlier this month).
Use your favorite preserves for the filling…I use blackberry jam; Nutella, peanut butter, coconut jam and chocolate works too!
For a better-looking thumbprint cookies, chill the dough first for 30 minutes..I obviously did not do that ( missed it; got bad eyes).
4 in 1 Cookie Dough
- Beat cream cheese, butter granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Mix well. Cover.
- Proceed to the variation of your choice.
Happy Holidays!! 😀 GOD Bless!
- Add about 1 cup finely chopped pecans to the dough.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Indent centers using your thumb or back of measuring teaspoon.
- Bake 10 minutes, take it out of oven.
- Fill each cookie center with about 1 teaspoon of your favorite preserves.
- Continue baking for 8-10 minutes more or until golden brown.