I’m one of many people who can’t resist the sight of melted cheese over something; for me, cheese makes everything more delicious that’s why I love pasta and pizza so much because of the cheese! 🙂 For a meat lover, cheese-person like me out there, this is a must-try recipe. This grilled pork steak with melted cheese on top is crazy-delicious!
I found this recipe from one of my old magazines. It’s called Honey Wheat Beer Marinated Pork Chops and Cheddar with a photo that is simply mouth-watering. I had to make it..of course! I couldn’t find honey wheat beer so I just used an ordinary beer and added a tablespoon of honey to the recipe to make up for that honey wheat part, it turned out delicious anyway so I guess I did the right thing. I was quite disappointed with the way my finished dish looked like-it didn’t look half as good as the one in the magazine, of course they had the dish styled for the photo shoot but still… Anyway the taste made up for it’s presentation so I’m happy with that. 🙂
Pork steak cooks faster that’s why I prefer it over regular pork chops
oohh, melted cheese..yum!
Beer Marinated Pork Steak and Cheddar
- 4-6 pork steak about a kilo
- 1 bottle beer 12oz
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 oz cheddar cheese grated or blue cheese crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts toasted
- Place pork steak in a heavy duty ziplock bag; set aside. Combine beer, garlic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix well and pour over pork in the bag. Seal bag and let pork marinate for at least 4 hous up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, turning bag occasionally. Drain pork chops, discarding marinade, when ready to cook.
- Preheat grill. Place pork on rack and cover. Meanwhile for topping, combine cheese, green onions and nuts in a small bowl. Spoon mixture over pork. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Thanks for the visit and Have a nice day! God Bless 🙂