My favorite way to cook salmon or any fish fillet with skin on is by pan-searing because crispy fish skin is so yummy!
This dish is basically the same as this one except for the sauce. Both are equally good, simple and yet impressively delicious.
Impress your love ones and make this honey mustard glazed salmon for them.
The ingredients for the glaze are mostly readily available in any kitchen pantry.
Slice the salmon slab into 2-inch wide pieces. Season well with salt and ground black pepper.
Pan-fry with a little oil, skin side first until brown and crisp.
Flip and cook the other side. It takes about 3-4 minutes to cook through depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. Transfer cooked salmon on a serving platter.
Pour glaze mixture in the pan after cooking the salmon, bring to a boil.
Pour the glaze over the salmon.
add garnishing if you like and serve immediately
Salmon with Honey Mustard Glaze
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- Pat salmon fillet dry with paper towels.
- Season generously with salt and ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, mix and set aside.
- Heat a large saute or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add salmon fillet, skin side first.
- Cook until brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip salmon fillet to cook the other side, cook for about 3-4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Transfer pan-seared salmon fillet on a serving platter, do not include the oil, set aside.
- Using the same pan, pour the glaze mixture and bring to a boil
- Drizzle the honey mustard glaze over the pan-seared salmon fillet.
- Garnish as you like with chives or onion leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy it with steamed or sauteed veggies or a simple salad.