One of my favorite desserts to make back when I didn’t know how to bake yet.
This is no-doubt very easy but you need to make it in advance because it needs some time to chill in the fridge before serving.
It’s been a long while since I last made this and I have quite forgotten how light and creamy and velvety it is, quite different from a baked cheesecake but delicious in it’s own way.
I wouldn’t want to be left alone with this especially when I’m hungry..
Prepare the graham crust.. you need to pack it really well (don’t mind my photo, I wasn’t done with the crust yet).
Whip the cream cheese and sugar, then the cream and fold gently to combine,
pour into the prepared crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
Then add the pie filling on top.
..and dig in! YUmmmmmm!!
♥ Have a nice day! God Bless! ♥
- 1½ cups Graham Crackers crushed
- 2 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 227 grams Cream Cheese room temperature / 8 ounces
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- ¼ tsp Lemon Zest finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup Whipping Cream heavy / or all-purpose cream / like Nestle’s
- 1 can Ruby Red Cherry Pie Filling 595 grams
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.1½ cups Graham Crackers, 6 tbsp Sugar, 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a well greased 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom or spring form pan.1½ cups Graham Crackers, 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, 6 tbsp Sugar
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan.1½ cups Graham Crackers, 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, 6 tbsp Sugar
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- Combine lemon zest, if using, with the sugar, rub together until sugar is fragrant, set aside.2 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.227 grams Cream Cheese
- Add the lemon-sugar and beat until light and fluffy.¼ tsp Lemon Zest
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the vanilla extract.1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a clean bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.1 cup Whipping Cream
- Gradually fold or beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.227 grams Cream Cheese, 1 cup Whipping Cream
- Pour the filling over the chilled graham cracker crust and smooth the top.1½ cups Graham Crackers
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour and then spread the cherry pie filling over the filling.1 can Ruby Red Cherry Pie Filling
- Return to the refrigerator to chill for several hours, or even overnight.