This is a very easy and delicious way to cook pork chops or pork steaks. Anyone can make garlic butter pork chops, even those who are just new to cooking.
You can use regular pork chop, if it’s not available pork steak cuts are good alternative, if not better. I prefer to use pork steaks because it has some fats which makes it more delicious.
Use fresh thyme if you have some in the garden (lucky you, my herb plants usually doesn’t live long under my care..huhu *sad*
Make it and impress your family and friends:)
Melt butter in a large pan over high heat. I like to brown the butter to bring out the nutty flavor.
Add the thyme and garlic to the pan
Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Add olive oil to the pan
Pan-fry the well-seasoned pork steaks over high heat
Flip the steaks to sear the other side.
Put the pan in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes to let the pork cook through
Transfer pork chops/steaks to a platter and drizzle with more herbed garlic butter from the pan.
Serve with rice and/or veggies. Enjoy!
Garlic Butter Pork Steak (Garlic Butter Pork Chops)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium high heat, put butter and let it brown a bit to bring out delicious nutty flavor.
- Lower the heat and add minced garlic and thyme.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Transfer melted butter in a small bowl, set aside.
- Put the pan back on the stove and heat, add olive oil.
- Wash and pat-dry pork chops or steaks with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and ground black pepper.
- When oil is hot, raise the heat/fire to high and put the pork chops in the pan.
- Cook the pork for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until well seared or browned.
- Adjust fire/heat accordingly.
- You don't want to burn the chops.
- Turn off heat and brush pork chops with garlic butter on both sides.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven and let pork chops cook through, about 10 minutes.
- Take out the pan from the oven.
- Transfer pork chops/steaks in a platter and brush or drizzle with garlic butter from the pan.
- Serve with rice and/or veggies or your favorite sides. Enjoy!