This pan-seared salmon is so good. It never fails to impress. Serve it with a simple salad or steamed veggies or fried rice.
The butter and lemon combo is always a winner; garlic and red pepper chili add some heat and makes the sauce more delicious.
The best part is how unbelievably simple to make this; it will not make you feeling frazzled at the end. You’ll still have time and energy to prepare dessert too 🙂
My photos don’t do justice to this beautiful, delicious salmon dish. I made it for our New Year’s Media Noche feast along with other dishes. I was only able to take a few photos. I served it family style.
I’m going to make it again for Valentine’s Day:)
I make it using only one pan, so I pan-fry the salmon first then use the same pan for the sauce. You may use a separate saucepan for the lemon butter sauce, if you like.
Fry the salmon fillet, skin side first until brown and crispy. Flip to cook the salmon through. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
Make the sauce by sautéing garlic in the same pan, add more extra-virgin olive oil if there’s too little left in the pan
add red pepper chili flakes, chicken broth or water and lemon juice
Simmer until sauce is reduced to half then stir-in butter and pour the spicy lemon garlic butter sauce all over the pan-seared salmon fillet
YUM!! I love crispy salmon skin
Pan-seared Salmon Fillet with Spicy Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 slab Salmon Fillet divided into 4 or 5 pcs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt for taste
- Ground Black Pepper for taste
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 pc Lemon Zest
- 1 pc Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Rum (optional, add it when you don't have chicken broth or skip it)
- ⅓ cup Chicken Broth or water
- Parsley Flakes or fresh parsley (better)
- 2 tbsp Butter salted or unsalted is fine
- Pat salmon fillet dry with paper towels.
- Season salmon fillet with salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a large saute or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add salmon fillet, skin side first.
- Cook until brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip salmon fillet to cook the other side, cook for about 2-3 minutes or until salmon is cook through.
- Transfer pan-seared salmon fillet on a serving platter, do not include the oil, set aside.
- Using the same pan, make the sauce.
- Add more olive oil if there's too little left on the pan.
- Add garlic and saute until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add red chili pepper flakes, saute for a few seconds to release the heat then add broth or water, rum(if using) and lemon juice.
- Let simmer until sauce is reduced to half.
- Stir in butter and lemon zest and some parsley flakes, if using fresh parsley, add it at the end as garnish.
- Drizzle the spicy lemon butter sauce all over the pan-seared salmon fillet.
- Garnish as you like with more fresh parsley and lemon slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy it with steamed veggies or simple salad.
You might also want to try my original favorite pan-seared salmon recipe. 🙂