This nacho is super simple with only a few and must ingredients. It’s got everything I want on my nacho–meat, tomato, chilis and lots of cheese! Perfect for Netflix movies / series time.
I oftentimes don’t even have to add extra seasoning so it’s really perfect for quick cooking.
Of course ground pork or beef and store-bought tomato or marinara sauce is all we really need plus some spices for a simple nacho.
It’ll take a little longer to prep and cook…but just by a few minutes only, so it’s okay.
This is super good. It’s basic but flavorful which is what I like but feel free to add whatever you think will make you happy with your nachos.
Saute garlic, onion, and ground pork or beef. Add tomatoes, seasoning and broth (or water)
Add your favorite cheese or combination of cheeses. I like to use cheddar and mozzarella and provolone picante when it’s available.
Add the green chilis. When the cheese melts, turn off heat. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips…
Serve on top or separately.
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 cup Skinless Longganisa or seasoned ground beef or pork (quick recipe below)
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce or chunky marinara sauce / homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup Chicken Stock or water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 large Red Onion or white onion
- 6 pcs Green Chilis
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 6 ounces Mozarella Cheese grated / cheddar or provolone
- Salt to taste
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Tortilla Chips
- Use pan with cover.
- Heat the pan (without the cover) over medium high heat.
- When pan is hot, add oil and sauté minced garlic and skinless sausage.
- Add red chili pepper flakes.
- Raise heat to high and cook sausage until browned.
- Pour in chunky tomato sauce and broth (or water).
- Lightly season with some sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Stir to mix then cover pan with lid and lower heat to medium.
- Let the sauce simmer until liquid is reduced to more than half.
- Add the chopped onion and green chilis.
- Stir, cook for about a minute, do a taste test and adjust seasoning if neeeded.
- Add grated cheese or combination of cheeses.
- Cover the pan and let cook until the cheese melts.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve on top of tortilla chips or on the side as a dip.
- Enjoy but be careful because melted cheese is hot.
FOR QUICK SKINLESS LONGGANISA SAUSAGE:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Don't be shy, really get in there and scrunch it until everything is well mixed 🙂
- This can be done ahead of time, keep in the fridge.
- Use within a day or two.