I’ve seen a video of this recipe floating on my Facebook feed and I was like..”whoa why didn’t I think of that?!” Cheesecake and banana bread…enough said. I have got to try it.
Someone added some cinnamon sugar topping on their version of this and I liked that idea a lot since I’m so into cinnamon so I added it too. I was planning to add a streusel topping, BUT I think the cheesecake filling added more than enough calories on this banana bread than my conscience and waistline can take.
I’ll be sure to finish maybe half of it in one sitting if I add streusel topping (no, no, no..NO!) The cinnamon sugar is just perfect. 🙂
So, here it is without much ado.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Banana Bread with Cheesecake Filling
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the egg, sugars, butter, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- Set aside.
TO MAKE THE CHEESE FILLING:
- In a large bowl mix egg, cream cheese, sugar, and flour.
- Pour about ⅔ of the banana bread batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour the cheesecake filling, smooth into corners, then top with remaining batter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 50 mins.
- Baking times may vary depending on the oven so keep an eye on the bread.
- Do the cake test by inserting a toothpick in the centre of the pan and if it comes out clean, it's done.
- Allow to rest for 15 mins before inverting onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with your favourite coffee or tea.