This is one of our favorite breakfast dish in rotation. When we like to cut carbs (rice) for breakfast, omelette is my go-to dish to make.
Ham, green chili and mushroom plus onions and garlic is so good together as a filling. The green chili gives it a little kick, just enough to make it more appetizing.
Omelette is easy to make. Just make sure that the pan is really hot so the omelette will not stick to it.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, it’s okay because it’s still delicious.
I sometimes do and when it happens, I like to call it deconstructed omelette.
Hey it’s good breakfast (lunch or dinner too) however it looks.
Sauté onion, green chilis, mushroom in a pan. Add ham slices and cook for about 3 minutes.
Take filling our of the pan, set aside. Wash pan (or use another one) and set over high heat
Meanwhile, crack eggs in a bowl, add salt, pepper, chili powder, parsley flakes and milk
Add oil to the hot pan, then pour a quarter of the beaten eggs
Add filling in the center..
and fold either in half, like a burrito or a wedge
Ham Green Chili & Mushroom Omelette
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
FOR THE FILLING:
- Heat pan over high heat.
- Add oil.
- Saute onion, ham, mushroom and green chilis.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wash pan and heat again over high heat.
- Or use another clean pan.
- While pan is heating, prepare eggs.
- Crack eggs in a large mixing bowl, add milk, parsley flakes and season with garlic salt and ground black pepper.
- Beat well with a whisk.
- When pan is really hot, add cooking oil
- Pour ¼ of the egg mixture in the pan, swirl the pan to spread the scrambled egg
- add ¼ of the ham filling in the center of the egg mixture in the pan
- Using a spatula, lift the egg around the edges to make sure that it's not sticking, then fold the egg from one end to the other and then fold again like a burrito or fold cross-wise the second time to make a wedge.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe pan with paper towel if there's some its sticking on it.
- Then add oil again and repeat the process 3 more times to make four omelettes.
- Serve immediately with a side of veggies and hot coffee.