A delicious marriage of lemon and coconut in a simple cake. No frosting needed. This is perfect for a light snack with your favorite tea or coffee.
Delicious and simple cake with flowers from my kangkong (water spinach) plant.:)
To make the cake, start by mixing dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon or wire whisk or…your mixer. Set aside.
Combine wet ingredients — eggs, coconut milk, and coconut oil or melted butter in another bowl. Mix well.
Add coconut milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until there’s no more lumps.
Stir-in the toasted desiccated coconut
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated.
Cool cake completely before slicing. This cake keeps for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Lemon Coconut Cake
- 185 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest from about 2 lemons
- 45 grams Dessicated Coconut toasted
- 250 grams Brown Sugar
- 125 grams Coconut Oil or butter / melted
- 2 pcs Eggs large
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9inch square or round pan.
- LIne bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix coconut milk, eggs and coconut oil (or melted butter).
- Mix well then pour onto the flour mixture.
- Mix well with a wire whisk or wooden spoon until there is no more lumps.
- Stir in toasted coconut.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take cake out of the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before sering.
- Dust top of cake with confectioners sugar (optional).