One of my favorite carrot cupcake muffin recipes..it’s simple and easy and healthier than most carrot cupcakes muffins recipes I’ve tried. This is similar to this recipe but quicker because this one doesn’t have chopped dates, and that save me extra time plus I did not make the creamcheese frosting because honestly in my opinion it didn’t need any frosting at all, it’s good as it is…with a steaming cuppa coffee! 🙂
The recipe is from Ellie Krieger…I love her and her yummy healthy recipes!
This is a carrot cupcake recipe but the process is like muffins, very easy and quick no need to use my KA mixer and since I didn’t put any frosting, I decided it’s more appropriate to call it muffins 😉
Try it too and Enjoy! :)))
recipe from Ellie Krieger
3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup canola oil ( I used coconut oil)
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup natural applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts ( I used almonds)
4 ounces 1/3 fat cream cheese (recommended: Neufchatel)
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
Sift together the first 6 ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar and eggs until well combined. Whisk in the applesauce, vanilla and carrots. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup of the chopped walnuts.
Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts. The cupcakes should be stored in the refrigerator.
♥Thanks for reading and have a nice day!♥
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 3/4 CUP WHOLE-WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP All-Purpose Flour
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND NUTMEG
- 1/4 CUP CANOLA OIL I USED COCONUT OIL
- 3/4 CUP Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 1/2 CUP NATURAL APPLESAUCE
- 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 1 1/2 CUPS FINELY SHREDDED CARROTS ABOUT 2 MEDIUM CARROTS
- 1/4 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS FINELY CHOPPED WALNUTS I USED ALMONDS
- 4 OUNCES 1/3 FAT CREAM CHEESE RECOMMENDED: NEUFCHATEL
- 3/4 CUP CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR SIFTED
- 1/2 TEASPOON FINELY GRATED LEMON ZEST
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F. LINE 12 MUFFIN CUPS WITH PAPER LINERS.
- SIFT TOGETHER THE FIRST 6 INGREDIENTS. IN A LARGE BOWL, WHISK THE OIL, BROWN SUGAR AND EGGS UNTIL WELL COMBINED. WHISK IN THE APPLESAUCE, VANILLA AND CARROTS. ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS AND MIX UNTIL COMBINED. STIR IN 1/4 CUP OF THE CHOPPED WALNUTS.
- DIVIDE THE BATTER BETWEEN THE MUFFIN CUPS. BAKE UNTIL A TOOTHPICK COMES OUT CLEAN, ABOUT 20 MINUTES. TRANSFER TO A WIRE RACK TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- WITH AN ELECTRIC MIXER, BEAT TOGETHER THE CREAM CHEESE, CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR AND LEMON ZEST UNTIL SMOOTH AND CREAMY. FROST THE COOLED CUPCAKES AND SPRINKLE WITH THE REMAINING 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED WALNUTS. THE CUPCAKES SHOULD BE STORED IN THE REFRIGERATOR.