This is super-easy to make, almost no-prep work, just minor ones like melting the butter and chopping the nuts. Finely crushed Graham crackers are available now, which made this even more enticing to try.
Use your favorite or a really good chocolate for this recipe. If you don’t have coconut flakes or desiccated coconut, you may use oats-rolled or fast-cooking, it works too, I’ve tried it. Make sure that you pack in the crushed graham cracker crumbs really well into the melted butter. I didn’t do that the last time I made this recipe and the base crumbled and separated from the rest of the other layers.. what a mess!
Happy Baking! :)
the ingredients..present, all six of them :)
spread the crushed graham over the melted butter, pat it evenly
next, the shredded unsweetened coconuts..or oats
then the chocolate chips, (or grated chocolate, in this case)
pour in the condensed milk..do not stir
Bake. Cool and slice
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups (150 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 1⅓ cups (90 grams) sweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100 grams) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 - 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) square baking pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of your pan. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate chips.
- Finally, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix the ingredients together, just layer them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the squares comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. These bars can be frozen.