This is so easy I couldn’t believe it took me til yesterday to finally give it a try. I wasn’t really keen on making this because I could just easily buy ice cream. And there are so many artisan and really good ice cream brands now so why bother making it at home.
Oh but I still want to try, haha! And I’m happy that I did. It’s soo good! I wanna make different flavors next time.
I made Dulce de Leche ice cream because I have no more condensed milk in my pantry they all been turned into dulce de leche 😀
I used half the recipe for this because I wanted to see first if it will turn out good.
The recipe I posted below makes about 5 cups. You will need a 9x5x3 metal or glass loaf pan (freezer-proof)
It takes no time to make this, really. Just remember to chill your ingredients (there’s only two!) and the bowl of your mixer plus the container you’ll be putting your home made ice cream into.
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- pinch of sea salt
- Chill a 9x5x3 metal-loaf pan or any freezer-proof glass container of the same size.
- Whisk dulce de leche and sea salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whip the cream on medium-high speed until firm peaks form (about 2 minutes).
- Fold about a cup of the whipped cream to the dulce de leche to lighten it then fold this into the whipped cream until well-combined.
- Transfer into the chilled container and freeze, covered until solid.
- Serve with your favorite topping or in a cone.
You just need-