This is a super easy dessert. Galette is a free-form pie without a top crust.
You just roll the dough, put the sliced peaches on top, fold the edges and sprinkle the streusel and bake!
Easy peasy. No slicing of fruits though I don’t mind the extra work of peeling and slicing fresh peaches if I have some.
I like to use the sliced peaches in the bottle than the canned ones, but both are perfect for quick no-fuss galette.
Make the dough by combining flour, sugar, salt in a bowl then work the pieces of butter in until it resembles coarse crumbs
Lay dough on a piece of parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and roll into a 12-inch circle
Arrange peach slices on top, leaving 1-2 inches border
Fold the edges in..
…then sprinkle streusel on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes on preheated oven
Serve with a scoop of ice cream..or not. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Easy Peach Galette
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 stick Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 jar Sliced Peaches In Light Syrup or fresh ones
- 2 tbsp Sugar (optional)
FOR THE PECAN STREUSEL:
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Pecans ground / or finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp Fine Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter cut into pieces
FOR THE CRUST:
- Make the pie crust by combining flour, salt, sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well-combined.
- Add pieces of butter and using your fingers, rub butter pieces into the flour or use food processor if you have one.
- Add cold water, a tablespoon at a time, mixing using a fork or dinner knife.
- Form dough into a ball and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic cling wrap and put in the fridge to rest for half an hour.
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- Meanwhile, make the streusel topping by combing all ingredients in a bowl, except for butter.
- Mix well then add butter in the same manner as making the crust.
- Rub with your fingers to incorporate into the flour and pecan mixture.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Take dough out of the fridge.
- Take off plastic and lay dough on a piece of parchment paper then cover with plastic wrap.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Drain peach slices well. Do not rinse.
- If peaches are not too sweet, sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and gently toss to mix.
- Arrange slices onto the crust, leaving a border about 2 inches.
- Fold the edges of the crust over and top with streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- You should see the filling bubbling and the topping and crust is slightly browned.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or cream or without.