This is something healthy and easy dish .. as usual. You see, I prefer easy to make yet nutritious dish to prepare because I have to admit, I am getting lazy in the kitchen as I get older.
I just turned 40; I don’t have household help so I try to make things less stressful for me and my family by keeping our lifestyle simple and uncomplicated and that includes my cooking and baking but without sacrificing good nutrition and our happiness, of course.
As much as possible, I prepare and serve my family dishes that are not just healthy BUT also super yummy because my nine-year old son in particular thinks that healthy food = unappetising.
He’s a typical kid who loves hotdogs and fries…I still let him indulge in those but in moderation. I love hotdogs and fries, too!!
Anyways, this fish fillet dish got his stamp of approval. He said it’s delicious even though it is healthy. 😉 😀
Garlic Fish Fillet and Snow Peas
- Put fish fillet into a bowl, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Grate ginger and squeeze out the juice onto a small bowl.
- Add the ginger pulp to the fish fillet.
- Combine ginger juice, mirin and soy sauce.
- Pour the mixture on the fish fillet to marinate it.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil and sesame oil, sauté minced garlic until well-browned.
- Spoon garlic out of the pan.
- Add water ⅓ – ½ cup of water to the pan.
- Let it boil then add fish fillet including the marinade liquid, add chili flakes.
- Let it boil then lower heat to simmer.
- When water is reduced to half, add the snow peas.
- Let cook for one more minute before tasting.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Turn off heat and plate and serve.