I made this really yummilicious bars last year , it’s like an apple crumble and cheesecake rolled into one. The recipe is from Paula Deen, it’s originally with caramel topping but I didn’t add it ( actually, I overlooked the caramel topping..totally missed it, hehee); if you want you can use any ready-made caramel topping or dulce de leche. Give it a try if you haven’t yet, it’s really, really good just don’t eat more than 2 servings in one sitting if you can help it ☺
APPLE CHEESECAKE STREUSEL BARS
recipe courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network
makes 2 dozen bars
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped (I used fuji apples)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Streusel topping, recipe follows
1/2 cup caramel topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Yield: approximately 3 cups
Apple Cheesecake Streusel Bars
- 2 CUPS All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 CUP Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 CUP 2 STICKS BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 2 8-OUNCE PACKAGES CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS, DIVIDED
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3 GRANNY SMITH APPLES PEELED, CORED AND FINELY CHOPPED (I USED FUJI APPLES)
- 1/2 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND NUTMEG
- STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE FOLLOWS
- 1/2 CUP CARAMEL TOPPING
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 CUP Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 CUP All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 CUP QUICK COOKING OATS
- 1/2 CUP 1 STICK BUTTER, SOFTENED
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- IN A MEDIUM BOWL, COMBINE FLOUR AND BROWN SUGAR. CUT IN BUTTER WITH A PASTRY BLENDER UNTIL MIXTURE IS CRUMBLY. PRESS EVENLY INTO A 13 BY 9 BY 2-INCH BAKING PAN LINED WITH HEAVY-DUTY ALUMINUM FOIL. BAKE 15 MINUTES OR UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWNED.
- IN A LARGE BOWL, BEAT CREAM CHEESE WITH 1/2 CUP SUGAR IN AN ELECTRIC MIXER AT MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL SMOOTH. THEN ADD EGGS, 1 AT A TIME, AND VANILLA. STIR TO COMBINE. POUR OVER WARM CRUST.
- IN A SMALL BOWL, STIR TOGETHER CHOPPED APPLES, REMAINING 2 TABLESPOONS SUGAR, CINNAMON, AND NUTMEG. SPOON EVENLY OVER CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE. SPRINKLE EVENLY WITH STREUSEL TOPPING. BAKE 30 MINUTES, OR UNTIL FILLING IS SET. DRIZZLE WITH CARAMEL TOPPING.
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- IN A SMALL BOWL, COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS.