This Korean chicken dish is sweet, spicy and very yummy. It’s great topping for rice and it makes a good filling for tortillas or pita bread, too. You can add any veggies that you like, just slice it into strips for uniformity. To make it really flavorful, overnight marinating is a must! The recipe below makes enough for about 4 persons, actually we still have some leftovers..
Marinate chicken pieces overnight..
fry in pan with the marinade
serve hot! YUMMM!
makes 3-4 servings
12 ounces chicken thigh fillet, slice into thin strips
1 small fuji apple, grated
1 teaspoon crushed chilli pepper flakes
1-2 tablespoons green onions
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 medium red onions, cut into quarters
1 knob ginger, peeled
1/3 cup soy sauce ( Kikkoman )
3 tablespoons mirin ( Japanese Sweet rice wine)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon hot sauce
In a bowl, combine chicken strips, grated apple, chilli flakes and green onions, mix well. Set aside. In a blender, combine the rest of the ingredients for the marinade and process until fairly smooth; pour this mixture over chicken and using your hands, massage marinade into chicken pieces. Transfer to a reusable plastic container or zip lock bag and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours; overnight is better!
When ready to cook, heat oil in a skillet or frying pan, add marinated chicken,including the marinade, cook until almost half of the liquid is gone then add the green bell peppers and cabbage and cook just until the veggies are done. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with rice or wrap in lettuce or flour tortilla. Enjoy! 🙂
♥ Have a nice day! 🙂 God Bless! ♥
Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
- 12 OUNCES CHICKEN THIGH FILLET SLICE INTO THIN STRIPS
- 1 SMALL FUJI APPLE GRATED
- 1 TEASPOON CRUSHED CHILLI PEPPER FLAKES
- 1-2 TABLESPOONS GREEN ONIONS
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC PEELED
- 2 MEDIUM RED ONIONS CUT INTO QUARTERS
- 1 KNOB GINGER PEELED
- 1/3 CUP SOY SAUCE KIKKOMAN
- 3 TABLESPOONS MIRIN JAPANESE SWEET RICE WINE
- 2 TABLESPOONS SESAME OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON HOT SAUCE
- GREEN BELLPEPPER
- CABBAGE SHREDDED
- IN A BOWL, COMBINE CHICKEN STRIPS, GRATED APPLE, CHILLI FLAKES AND GREEN ONIONS, MIX WELL. SET ASIDE. IN A BLENDER, COMBINE THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE MARINADE AND PROCESS UNTIL FAIRLY SMOOTH; POUR THIS MIXTURE OVER CHICKEN AND USING YOUR HANDS, MASSAGE MARINADE INTO CHICKEN PIECES. TRANSFER TO A REUSABLE PLASTIC CONTAINER OR ZIP LOCK BAG AND PUT IN THE FRIDGE FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS; OVERNIGHT IS BETTER!
- WHEN READY TO COOK, HEAT OIL IN A SKILLET OR FRYING PAN, ADD MARINATED CHICKEN,INCLUDING THE MARINADE, COOK UNTIL ALMOST HALF OF THE LIQUID IS GONE THEN ADD THE GREEN BELL PEPPERS AND CABBAGE AND COOK JUST UNTIL THE VEGGIES ARE DONE. TASTE AND ADJUST SEASONING AS NEEDED. SERVE WITH RICE OR WRAP IN LETTUCE OR FLOUR TORTILLA. ENJOY!