This is a very simple cake that everyone will love except those who doesn’t like almonds 😉 just like my kids -they said it smells like medicine- but the grown ups love this cake. This cake is dense and big, so it’s perfect for when you have company but you can also bake this in two medium loaf pans and give the other one as gift or freeze it (without the glaze).
It looks beautiful with a glaze but this cake tastes good even without it. I didn’t have enough cream cheese when I made this so I did not add any to the glaze..that explains why my glaze is runny, I had to take pictures really quick because it’s about to ooze out of the cake plate. :DD
Tip: Combine a tablespoon each of Crisco, veg oil and flour mixed it well and use this to grease the bottom of your Bundt pan..you’ll have beautiful cake every time; just make absolutely sure that you didn’t miss any spot or it will ruin your cake’s appearance. Oh, don’t worry though there’s always glazes and icings to cover your mishap 😉
Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted Bundt or tube pan; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Beat butter and cream cheese using your stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed to high speed, about 30 seconds or until softened.
- Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium speed about 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Add almond extract.
- Add eggs, one at time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each additionand scraping bowl frequently.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for finve minutes then remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack ( about 2 hours). Top cake with glaze.
♥ Smile!! Have a nice day..GOD Bless! 🙂 ♥