I use these rolls for hotdog sandwich (my kids’ favorite) and for delicious meatball sandwiches which my whole family loves. I know it’s easier to buy a pack of hotdog buns but I prefer making it (even though I’m not good at it) because these rolls are way better- in taste and in texture; not so much for appearance but I can live with that..no one in my family is complaining anyways (no one dares to.. lol) but I’ll get better at it, you just wait and see 😉 *hoping*
Delicious rolls, it takes time and patience but it’s worth it!
I’m really bad at shaping dough… I tried making it shorter here and made about 8 rolls
these here are my first hoagie rolls, they’re quite long . My kids couldn’t finish their food when I made meatballs sandwiches with these rolls..yay, more for mom and dad! :DD
may not be pretty but they’re yummy and smell divine.. 😛
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Combine all ingredients adding just enough water to make a soft dough. Cover dough and allow it to rest for at least 1 hour (or double its size). Punch down dough and divide into six pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll out one piece into a rectangle then roll dough (from the long side) into a log and press the seam closed. Fold the ends under the log and place roll on a greased baking sheet (space them at least 2 inches apart).
- Repeat with remaining 5 pieces of dough
- Allow dough to rise for about an hour. With a sharp knife, cut two or three diagonal slashes in each roll and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes (Try not to touch the rolls)
- Preheat oven to 450 F and make sure there are two racks in the oven. On the lower rack, place a baking pan. Set a small pot of water to boil.
- When the oven is hot and the water is boiling, place the tray (or trays) inside the oven on the top rack. Before closing the door, pour the hot water in baking pan beneath the rolls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
♥ Have a nice day…smile! 🙂 GOD Bless! ♥