I remember an episode of Friends when Joey invited his friends over to his family’s house for dinner and Tiramisu was served for dessert; my love for Tiramisu started that day without even tasting it yet, I just know that I’m going to fall for it. ♥ 🙂 It has become my absolute favorite dessert which I only make on very special days. The not-too-sweet, melt-in-your-mouth lightness of creamy zabaglione-Mascarpone filling blended with the coffee-soaked Savoairdi cookies and bittersweet taste of cocoa and chocolate is sooo heavenly; really, really good.. “better-than-s**-good…uhmm, okay maybe not, but it gives you the same feeling of happiness… that’s why it’s called Tiramisu- it’ll lift you up!
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert which means pick-me up or make me happy…with the chocolates and cocoa, the caffeine from coffee plus the alcohol in Marsala or rum, it will surely do- which makes Tiramisu not kid-friendly but you can skip or lessen the Marsala or liqueur in the coffee mixture if you’re planning to give it to kids, too.
I like to make this 1-2 days in advance because it just taste better once all the flavors have blended. So if you want to make this for the New Year’s, well, today is the perfect day to make it… so, what are you waiting for…go! :))
when everything is all ready, assembly is really quick and easy..dip the ladyfingers/broas in coffee then arrange in a pan
put half of the zabaglione-cream filling, grated chocolate then repeat layer ending with the filling. Cover and chill until ready to serve ( at least 12 hours)
Grate bittersweet or dark chocolate on top and dust with cocoa just before serving…more chocolate please 🙂
Enjoy! Rock the coming New Year with happiness, peace and love!!! ü
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee or 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder dissolved in 2 cups of hot water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup Kahlua or Tia Maria coffee liqueur, optional
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Marsala wine or brandy or rum
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature*
- 36 pieces Savoiardi cookies/ ladyfingers/ broas
- bittersweet/dark chocolate, grated
- cocoa powder
- Combine coffee, sugar and liqueur/rum and chill it in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Beat egg yolks, Marsala, and ¼ cup sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water using a whisk or handheld electric mixer until tripled in volume, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat. Beat in mascarpone or creamcheese until just combined.
- Beat double cream/ all-purpose cream in a large bowl; gradually add 4 tablespoons sugar while beating until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream gently but thoroughly.
- Put the chilled coffee mixture in a wide shallow bowl/container. Dipping both sides of each ladyfinger quickly into coffee mixture, line bottom of a 13- by 9- by 3-inch baking pan with 18 ladyfingers in 3 rows, trimming edges to fit if necessary.
- Spread half of zabaglione-mascarpone filling on top.
- Grate chocolate over the filling; repeat the layer finishing with the zabaglione-mascarpone filling on top.
- Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, dust top with cocoa using a fine sieve and grate more chocolate over, covering surface evenly.
♥ Have a Happy Holidays! ü GOD Bless! ♥