I’ve seen this from other food/recipe bloggers before and I was amazed.. moist and soft chocolate cake without using an oven..wow! How I wish that I knew this way, way back..*sigh*.
This cake is really easy to make (of course it is or I would not have bothered) and expect a delicious cake at the end, you may use your favorite frosting to serve or simply dust it with powdered sugar on top or turn it into a beautifully decorated 2-layer cake, your call. I just want it simply with a fudge frosting..
I have a can of dulce de leche that is beginning to crystallized, I heated it up with some grated chocolate and just poured it on top of chocolate cake..yum!
Steamed Chocolate Cake: The Making :)
melt butter in a pan, add oil, sugar and stir until melted; add beaten eggs
add in flour mixture and mix well ( sorry for the blurry pic)
pour into a lined and greased pan, cover loosely with foil and steam
Meanwhile make the frosting…
..after about 45 min.. yay! cake’s done
invert into a wire rack to cool
pour in frosting once the cake has completely cooled. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!! :)
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup of fine sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of Plain flour
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 can dulce de leche
- 4 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, grated
- Line and grease a 8 or 9 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add oil, evaporated milk and sugar; stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Take off fire and slightly cool, add the beaten eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Heat up the steamer.
- Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bow.l
- Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture (or the other way around, it doesn't make any difference) mix well until there are no more lumps.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 45 mins. Cool the cake for about 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Completely cool before adding your favorite frosting
- Heat dulce de leche and chocolate in a double boiler or a heavy bottomed pan over low heat; when chocolate is completely melted, stir well and let cool before using.
♥ Thanks for dropping by..GOD Bless! :) ♥