I’ve seen this from other food/recipe bloggers before and I was amazed.. moist and soft chocolate cake without using an oven..wow! How I wish that I knew this way, way back..*sigh*.
This cake is really easy to make (of course it is or I would not have bothered) and expect a delicious cake at the end, you may use your favorite frosting to serve or simply dust it with powdered sugar on top or turn it into a beautifully decorated 2-layer cake, your call. I just want it simply with a fudge frosting..
I have a can of dulce de leche that is beginning to crystallized, I heated it up with some grated chocolate and just poured it on top of chocolate cake..yum!
Steamed Chocolate Cake: The Making 😋
melt butter in a pan, add oil, sugar and stir until melted; add beaten eggs
add in flour mixture and mix well ( sorry for the blurry pic)
pour into a lined and greased pan, cover loosely with foil and steam
Meanwhile make the frosting…
..after about 45 min.. yay! cake’s done
invert into a wire rack to cool
pour in frosting once the cake has completely cooled. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!! 🙂
Steamed Chocolate Cake
- ½ stick Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Fine Sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 pcs Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate or dark chocolate / grated
- Line and grease a 8 or 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add oil, evaporated milk and sugar.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Take off fire and slightly cool, add the beaten eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Heat up the steamer.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture. (or the other way around, it doesn't make any difference)
- Mix well until there are no more lumps.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
- Cool the cake for about 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Completely cool before adding your favorite frosting.
- Heat dulce de leche and chocolate in a double boiler or a heavy bottomed pan over low heat.
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir well and let cool before using.
♥ Thanks for dropping by..GOD Bless! 🙂 ♥