This dish is really easy to make, the chicken comes out tender and the soy garlic sauce makes it really delicious. You can use either whole or cut-up chicken parts in making this..
I like to use whole chicken, take the skin off the parts that I’m using and add it back into the pot and simmer it again with the unused chicken parts and bones for a really flavorful stock to use for other dishes.
For the sauce, saute minced, garlic, ginger and green onions
add soy sauce..
.and chicken stock, simmer
..and pour over boiled chicken
Boiled Chicken with Soy Ginger Sauce
- Wash and clean chicken thoroughly.
- Put in a pot and fill with enough water to cover chicken completely.
- Add black peppercorns, bay leaf and boil until chicken is tender about half an hour.
- Remove chicken and let cool a bit before cutting it into serving pieces.
- Arrange on a platter, season lightly with salt.
- Cover and set aside while your making the sauce.
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium high heat.
- Add sesame oil and olive oil.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add green onions, if using then add soy sauce and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for a few minutes.
- Do a taste test, adjust seasoning if needed and pour over the chicken.
- Serve with your choice of sauteed veggies on the side. Enjoy! 🙂
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless!! ♥