It’s true time really flies so fast. I realized with a little pinch in my heart as I look at my kids..they are no longer babies! In fact, my youngest, my dear boy outgrew me already by an inch ( it was easy anyway because I’m on the short side hehe). I was glad and a little sad at the same time. .
I am very grateful more than ever now that I’m able to spend time with my kids as they grow. I have a few more years with them before they go on their own paths and have their own families. Whatever and wherever their future brings them, I hope they will always come back home to me and my husband for short visits. I am so looking forward to that.
Meanwhile I would like to make delicious memories with them that will entice them to do so. 😀
It’s summer vacation for my not-so-little boy (but still very much my baby) and his life revolves around playing video games, watching tv, training and practice and EATING!
This is one of his favorites. Pancakes…especially chocolate pancakes.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- semi-sweet chocolate
- Heat a pan over medium high heat.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.Mix well with a whisk.
- In a a cup or small bowl, lightly beat egg and add buttemilk;
- Pour buttermilk and egg mixture to the flour, grate some chocolate, about 2 tablespoons, stir just to combine ( do not overmix)
- Pour pancake batter onto hot pancake pan. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping and cooking for another minute or two. Cooking time will depend on the size of pancakes, you know it's time to flip when bubbles appear and edges start to dry.
- Serve with some butter and/or whipped cream, grated chocolate and maple syrup or your favorite pancake syrup