Sweet, tangy delicious lemon chicken that finally, FINALLY my family likes.
I haven’t cooked lemon chicken for a long time because well, my family doesn’t like the lemon sauce – it’s too sour they say.
But it was a different recipe that I was using before so I thought I’d give it a try again using a different recipe. It was a hit! YESSSS! Happy family, happy me! 🙂
I’ll add more slurry next time to make the sauce cling to the chicken. I used turmeric powder to enhance the color of the sauce. I ♥ it!
- 1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet about 450 grams / or breast fillet / cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pc Egg large size
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Black Pepper ground
- Cooking Oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ cup Chicken Broth or water
- 1½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Turmeric Powder optional
- 1 dash Dried Oregano optional
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water and mix well
- Combine chicken breast pieces with soy sauce in a bowl.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet, 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet, 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with cornstarch.1 pc Egg, 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Season with some salt and black pepper.Salt, Black Pepper
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to the batter.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet
- Deep fry chicken pieces until brown.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Combine sugar, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and turmeric (if using) mix until well combined.3 tablespoons Sugar, ½ cup Chicken Broth, Turmeric Powder, 1½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and add slurry (for thicker sauce, add more cornstarch-water mixture).1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix.1 lb Chicken Thigh Fillet
- Serve with rice and veggies on the side.
Recipe adapted from Blogchef
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless! 🙂 ♥