Sweet, tangy delicious lemon chicken that finally, FINALLY my family likes. I haven’t cooked lemon chicken for a long time because well, my family doesn’t like the lemon sauce -it’s too sour they say. But it was a different recipe that I was using before so I thought I’d give it a try again using a different recipe. It was a hit! YESSSS! Happy family, happy me! 🙂
I’ll add more slurry next time to make the sauce cling to the chicken; I used turmeric powder to enhance the color of the sauce. I ♥ it!
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 1 lb about 450 g chicken fillet (breast or thigh), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- black ground pepper
- cooking oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- turmeric powder optional
- dash of dried oregano optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstach + 2 tablespoons water mix well
- Combine chicken breast pieces with soy sauce in a bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with cornstarch, season with some salt and black pepper. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the batter.
- Deep-fry chicken pieces until brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Combine sugar, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and turmeric (if using) mix until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and add slurry (for thicker sauce, add more cornstarch-water mixture) Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix.
- Serve with rice and veggies on the side.
Recipe adapted from Blogchef
♥ Have a nice day..GOD Bless! 🙂 ♥