Enjoy this creamy soup as is (perfect for those on Keto Diet) or with crusty bread for a healthy light meal but I like it better as “gravy” for pork chops/steaks served with steamed rice. So good!
Creamy Coconut Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushroom (shiitake or baby portobellos)
- dried parsley flakes
- salt and black ground pepper to taste
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup green peas
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil. When oil is hot saute garlic, onion and mushroom. Cook until mushroom is wilted. Then add water 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coconut milk, reserve the remaining coconut milk for later. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let boil then lower heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add green peas. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add remaining coconut cream. Stir. Taste again to check if seasoning is right.
- Serve hot with a crusty bread or along side your meal. I like to pour this over pork steak or pork chops or over rice.
- Enjoy however you want it:)