Tiramisu made with green tea instead of coffee. For the matcha lovers out there!
The recipe is easier to make than that of my favorite tiramisu , makes one small square pan good for 4-6 persons.
Green Tiramisu (Matcha Tiramisu)
- Dissolve matcha powder in 1/4 cup hot water then add sugar and 3/4 cup cold water. Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Beat mascarpone until softened then add whipping cream and beat on high speed, gradually adding sugar. Whip until firm peaks form.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the filling at the bottom of a 6x6 pan.
- Dip both sides of lady fingers into the matcha quickly, about a second on each side so as no to soak it too much.
- Arrange a layer of ladyfingers onto the bottom of the pan, add half of the mascarpone-cream filling on top, sprinkle a little matcha powder then repeat the steps to make another layer.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, Overnight or longer is better.