Zucchini has become one of my favorite veggies. I like that I do not have to do any prep work like peeling and seeding. Just wash it well, wipe and slice–I love how the knife effortlessly goes through it.
This dish is one of my go to dishes when I’m pressed for time in the kitchen.. i.e when I’m super hungry and tired but still want a home-cooked food. It takes about 20 mins to prep and cook – faster than ordering food or stopping by at a drive-thru!
Get in the kitchen and start cooking! Enjoy 🙂
Sausage and Zucchini
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- 2 pcs Hungarian Sausage sliced thinly
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Red Onion large size / minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 5-6 pcs Tomatoes medium size / diced ( about 1 cup)
- 1 pc Zucchini medium size / slices thinly
- 1 thin bundle Chinese Cabbage or Pechay cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup White Wine or broth or plain water
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add about a tablespoon cooking oil. Sauté minced garlic, onion for about a minute.
- Add sausage slices and cook until browned. Add the tomatoes and dried parsley.
- Cook while stirring until tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add white wine or chicken broth, and about 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Add zucchini slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add pechay (chinese cabbage) If liquid becomes too little, add more water.
- Let simmer until zucchinis are cooked about 5 minutes.