Enjoy this creamy soup as is (perfect for those on Keto Diet) or with crusty bread for a healthy light meal but I like it better as “gravy” for pork chops/steaks served with steamed rice. So good!
Creamy Coconut Mushroom Soup
- Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Add coconut oil.
- When oil is hot saute garlic, onion and mushroom.
- Cook until mushroom is wilted.
- Then add water 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coconut milk, reserve the remaining coconut milk for later.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine.
- Let boil then lower heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add green peas.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut cream, stir.
- Taste again to check if seasoning is right.
- Serve hot with a crusty bread or along side your meal.
- I like to pour this over pork steak or pork chops or over rice.
- Enjoy however you want it:)