Enjoy this creamy soup as is (perfect for those on Keto Diet) or with crusty bread for a healthy light meal but I like it better as “gravy” for pork chops/steaks served with steamed rice. So good!
Creamy Coconut Mushroom Soup
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil. When oil is hot saute garlic, onion and mushroom.
- Cook until mushroom is wilted. Then add water 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coconut milk, reserve the remaining coconut milk for later.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let boil then lower heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add green peas. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add remaining coconut cream. Stir. Taste again to check if seasoning is right.
- Serve hot with a crusty bread or along side your meal. I like to pour this over pork steak or pork chops or over rice.
- Enjoy however you want it:)