Light, crumbly, buttery, melt-in-your mouth delicious cookies bars..so quick and easy to make! It only has 3 ingredients – butter, sugar and flour! You would want to use only butter to make these to get the best-tasting result but I have tried and been using margarine stick/s to make this and I’m quite happy and contented with the result. It’s more crumbly alright but I can live with that. 🙂
Shortbread Cookie Bars..make it today! 🙂
Cream butter and sugar; add flour. Transfer dough into pan, level with a spatula and if you want you can make some design/s that you think is nice..I just used a fork to make swirls..
Bake then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
Cut into bars/squares. Serve with tea..
Shortbread Cookie Bars
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract replace with any flavorings of your choice
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil ( optional). Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar using your mixer or wooden spoon. Add in the flour and mix well. Transfer dough into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Prick with a fork or make whatever designs you fancy.
- Bake until golden brown. Cool a bit and sprinkle powdered sugar on top using a sieve or strainer.
- Slice into bars/squares while still warm. Serve with your favorite tea.Enjoy! 🙂
♥ Have a nice day like always and GOD Bless!! ♥
Did you miss me?! lol :D. I’ll try my best to make a post regularly *fingers crossed*