Pasta Primavera is simply pasta with vegetables seasoned with some herbs; I like this pasta dish because I can add any vegetable ( not leafy ones although I sometimes add spinach ) I want or whatever is available to me; I like to add some meat too, like chicken breast fillet, to make it a complete one-dish meal.
It’s one of the easiest ways to give veggies to kids; my daughter, who only eats veggies because I make her, said she really like this pasta, the veggies especially the carrots-her least favorite- taste better this way.
I like to use soy cream in pasta dishes because it gives the same creaminesss as regular cream without the worry. I can’t have too many cream/dairy in my diet ( for some reason I get a lot of phlegm in my system whenever I have cream/dairy) so I try to cut back whenever possible.
This creamy Pasta Primavera is very quick and easy to make too, or I wouldn’t make it often. What I usually do is: I cut/slice the veggies while boiling water for the pasta…
..then saute everything in a pan with olive oil; add chicken stock or white wine and some water
.. add the soy cream and the cooked pasta
..and the grated parmesan cheese
presto..yummy, healthy pasta!
CREAMY PASTA PRIMAVERA
caserecce or any pasta that you prefer
chicken breast fillet or thigh fillet cut into bite size pieces
yellow onion, sliced thinly
zucchini, sliced into strips
carrots, sliced into strips
1 large red bellpepper, sliced into strips
frozen peas and corn, thawed
red pepper chili flakes
ground dried oregano
dried basil leaves
chicken stock or white wine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese
Fill a large pot with water and boil on high heat; while waiting for the water to boil, heat a skillet or deep pan over medium heat; add EVOO,then saute the chicken pieces until lightly browned, add the veggies, saute for about a minute or two then add the chicken stock or white wine if using, otherwise add water.
Simmer until the veggies are half-cooked then add the (soy) cream, mix, then add the cooked pasta. Toss to make sure that the pasta is evenly coated with sauce then add grated parmesan cheese at the end.. and it’s done! 🙂
♥ Thanks for reading..have a nice weekend! 🙂 ♥
Creamy Pasta Primavera
- CASERECCE OR ANY PASTA THAT YOU PREFER
- CHICKEN BREAST FILLET OR THIGH FILLET CUT INTO BITE SIZE PIECES
- YELLOW ONION SLICED THINLY
- ZUCCHINI SLICED INTO STRIPS
- CARROTS SLICED INTO STRIPS
- 1 LARGE RED BELLPEPPER SLICED INTO STRIPS
- FROZEN PEAS AND CORN THAWED
- RED PEPPER CHILI FLAKES
- GROUND DRIED OREGANO
- DRIED BASIL LEAVES
- CHICKEN STOCK OR WHITE WINE
- SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- SOY CREAM
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- FILL A LARGE POT WITH WATER AND BOIL ON HIGH HEAT; WHILE WAITING FOR THE WATER TO BOIL, HEAT A SKILLET OR DEEP PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT; ADD EVOO,THEN SAUTE THE CHICKEN PIECES UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWNED, ADD THE VEGGIES, SAUTE FOR ABOUT A MINUTE OR TWO THEN ADD THE CHICKEN STOCK OR WHITE WINE IF USING, OTHERWISE ADD WATER.
- SIMMER UNTIL THE VEGGIES ARE HALF-COOKED THEN ADD THE (SOY) CREAM, MIX, THEN ADD THE COOKED PASTA. TOSS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PASTA IS EVENLY COATED WITH SAUCE THEN ADD GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE AT THE END.. AND IT’S DONE!