Only three more weeks before Christmas…can you feel it in the air already- the spirit, the stress and the frenzy of the coming Holiday season?! I’m sure a lot of us do but take it easy…do some baking- it’s a good stress-reliever (it works for me!)
Here’s a good chocolate oatmeal bar recipe that you can try if you haven’t already; this is quite a popular Christmas baked goodie, which started in the sixties or seventies (I’m not sure). I thought that it was called revel bars because it’s meant for celebrations..( from revelry) but I read somewhere that it’s called revel bars because of how the chocolate fudge marbles through the oatmeal cookie dough…good to know. Well, what’s important for me though is that it has chocolate, it’s yummy and real simple to make too! 🙂
The recipe below is just for a 8″ or 9-inch square pan, if you’re planning to give some away, just double the recipe and use a 9×13 pan. Happy Baking!! 🙂
cream butter and sugar; add egg
add flour mixture, oatmeal
spread two thirds of the batter evenly in the prepared pan; I like to line the pan with aluminun foil for easier clean-up
pour fudge on top
scoop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top of chocolate fudge. Bake.
Cool and cut into bars. Enjoy! ü
Chocolate Revel Bars
Ingredients (click ingredient to buy it)
- Line a 9-inch square pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, grease with softened or melted butter. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Make the fudge: Melt butter and chocolate on a heavy-bottomed pan, add condensed milk and salt. Stir until smooth, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg and vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt, mix well and add to the creamed butter.
- Spread 1/2-2/3 of batter in the prepared pan. Pour fudge, spreading evenly on top then spoon remaining batter over fudge. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool for about ten minutes on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
♥ Have a nice day…GOD Bless!! ♥ 🙂