You can make a batch of these and store in the freezer. Serve it your favorite marinara sauce for a delicious gooey snack. The first time I made mozzarella sticks, I made a mistake of frying it immediately after breading, so the cheese oozed out its coating and made a mess in the pan.
Don’t get too excited like I did, wait at least an hour after you put the mozzarella sticks in the freezer before frying and same goes after you fry it. Wait a few minutes before biting into one of the cheese sticks, as it can be really hot.
Patience has its reward…a delicious gooey treat.
- 12 pcs Mozzarella String Cheese or cut an 8oz block of mozarella into sticks
- 1 pc Egg large size
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Sea Salt (or 1 tsp salt plus 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce store bought or homemade
- Put flour and bread crumbs in separate rimmed plates or shallow bowls.
- Add 1/2 tsp of garlic salt on flour.
- Put 1/2 tsp garlic salt and 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes on bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl and season with 1/4 tsp garlic salt .
- Peel string cheese.
- Line up the bowls or dishes as follows – string cheese, flour, egg, bread crumbs then empty plate at the end for a smooth flow of work.
- First, dredge the string cheese in the seasoned flour with one hand then dip it in the beaten egg with the other hand and using the same hand you use with flour, roll the cheese sticks into the bread crumbs and coat evenly .
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Repeat the process again of dipping the string cheese in flour, egg, bread crumbs for the second coating.
- Put breaded cheese stick in the freezer for at least an hour before frying.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan with 1/2 cup to a cup of cooking oil and heat over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, carefully lay mozarella sticks one at a time in the pan to fry. Cook until golden in color.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce. Enjoy