When this galette first appeared on my FB newsfeed, I was instantly attracted to it. I immediately saved the link to the recipe and screenshot it so I’ll have a reminder to try it the soonest possible. It’s just so pretty and rustic and no doubt, delicious. I know a keeper when I see one and this is one of them, without even trying it first, I just know.
I read the recipe and already have a picture in my mind of how I will tweak it because I plan to use frozen blueberries which I unfortunately don’t have enough of BUT I have a yet unopened pack of frozen mixed berries..I think it would work too. I can almost see how nice it would look and can actually taste it. Yum.
And so I did make it with much success. Yay!
It looks good and tastes…hmmm well, it needs more sugar, just a bit more to make it perfectly delicious for my taste. A scoop of vanilla ice cream easily solves this problem, though. No biggie. It’s still a winner and I will definitely make this again for sure.
Here’s the recipe if you want to try it too. I already added that extra sugar in the recipe, the original has 1/3 cup.
Happy Baking! God Bless 🙂
Triple Berry Cheesecake Galette
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter cold / diced
- 1 pc Egg large size
- Cooking Spray
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Berries
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar or 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 8oz pack
- 1 pc Egg large size / beaten plus 1 egg yolk
- pinch Nutmeg freshly grated
- Coarse Sugar for sprinkling
MAKING THE DOUGH:
- Pulse the flour, granulated sugar, vinegar and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal with pea-size pieces of butter.
- Whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons water; add to the food processor and pulse until a dough just starts to form.
- Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap; shape into a disk, wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round between 2 sheets of floured parchment paper.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and invert the dough onto the prepared baking sheet; remove the other piece of parchment.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
MAKING THE FILLING:
- Toss the frozen mixed berries, ½ cup granulated sugar, the lemon juice, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the cream cheese, egg yolk, the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Top with the blueberries.
- Fold the edge of the dough over the filling.
- Drizzle the remaining cream cheese mixture over the berries; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake the galette until the crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Enjoy!! 🙂