This deliciously moist banana loaf bread/cake/quick bread is loaded with good stuff – bananas, grape seed oil, muscovado sugar, plain yogurt plus loads of mini chocolate chips for happiness :) You can make it even more healthy by replacing half of the all-purpose flour with wholewheat pastry flour, if you like.
Give it a try! It’s easy!:)
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, wet ingredients on another bowl
..pour into the prepared pans (this recipe makes 3 mini loaves, I only have 2 pans so I put the extra on muffin paper cups), and bake!
This smells and tastes sooo good..perfect with coffee! Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil (you can use vegetable oil or melted butter, too)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coffee powder, optional
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter one 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or three 6-by-3-inch mini loaf pans.
- Whisk the flour, muscovado sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, coffee powder, if using in a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the eggs, grapeseed oil, yogurt, vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in the mashed banana. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan(s). Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes for a standard loaf or 35 to 40 minutes for mini loaves.
- Cool 30 minutes in the pan(s) on a rack, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely. Enjoy with your favorite coffee! :)
♥ Have a nice!! :) God Bless! ♥